Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Eggs

I hope you can see the many colors of these eggs from Marin Sun Farms on your screen. I was charmed and surprised to discover, in addition to five conventional brown, there were also three pinks, a sort of lavender-mauve, a pale green, a whitish-gray and a tiny cafe au lait egg with dark brown spots.

Easter eggs!

It dawned on me when I opened this box why the candy eggs we treat ourselves to at Easter time are in pastel colors! Because wild bird's eggs and even domestic chicken eggs come in a variety of colors, mostly pale and subtle. A Eureka moment for me.

My religion has evolved over my lifetime from my Roman Catholic beginnings to more-or-less Pagan currently, so Happy Spring Equinox, people, and enjoy your Easter eggs!


4 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I wish I could remember the breed. When I lived in Virginia, one of my friends had chickens. I'd go over with an empty egg carton and she'd fill it. The shells were all kinds of pastel colors. I haven't seen those kind of eggs since then.

Thursday, March 20, 2008  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

That pale green/blue egg looks lovely - you just know the stuff inside's going to be good.

Thursday, March 20, 2008  
Blogger meathenge said...

Dang, I wish I had nice eggs like that. Mebbe next time, hey.

Show us the insides tomorrow?

xo, Biggles

Friday, March 21, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, these had to be from several breeds as they were all so different - really fun!

DMM, it was yummy! The yolk was almost orange.

Biggles, I forgot to photograph the insides - bummer - but you can follow this link to see the inside of another Marin Sun Farms eggie...
http://zoomiestation.blogspot.com/2007/11/shock-of-yellow.html

Friday, March 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home