Sunday, October 28, 2007

Crabby Friends

You've probably heard this story before - new friends found through blogging - but it was our first. Since I began reading food blogs, starting with My Beloved's niece at Orangette and from there following links to other food blogging sites, I have been "introduced" to a number of wonderful writers and foodies.

When I began writing my own blog, I had encouragement from one of the established bloggers I most admire, Cookiecrumb, and to our delighted surprise we were invited to join her and her beloved, Cranky, for Mexican lunch at a restaurant with Biggles and Dagny one breezy, bright day a couple of months ago. Begins to sound like JDate for foodies, doesn't it, where you meet first in a public place to size one another up? Yes, exactly.

Having had fun and not discovered any alarming traits during that lunch, Cookiecrumb and Cranky invited us to a party at their house where we encountered all kinds of wonderful food bloggers whose famous blogs I had been reading but whom we had never met in the flesh. We also consumed an incredible array of funky foodstuffs and probably drank too much wine but we still didn't turn them off so the next step was to invite Cookiecrumb and Cranky to our abode.

What ensued was a delightful afternoon of mutual story telling, connection making, laughter, sharing and crab consumption, lubricated once again by perhaps too much wine. New friends are the silver of life, as the old Girl Scout song says, and MB and I feel like we've struck a rich vein.

7 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

One more thing. (It's getting creepy, how much we have in common.)
I can sing the song. Oh well, I guess all former Brownies can.
"Make new friends, but keep the o-old. One silver and the other gold."
Great photo.

Sunday, October 28, 2007  
Blogger Molly said...

So fun! I've met some of the most lovely people through this blogosphere of ours - so glad you have too! And (swoooooon) that crab looks gorgeous...

Monday, October 29, 2007  
Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

Molly,

It even tasted better than it looks!

MB

Monday, October 29, 2007  
Blogger Renee said...

Ain't nothing better to make friends over than crabs! Hope they were blue ones! ;) ;)

Monday, October 29, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, yes, but can you sing it in rounds as we did in Brownies?

Molly, you got me started in all this fun so.... thank you!

Nan, I love the blue crabs, too, but in this case they were our local, wonderful Dungeness.

Monday, October 29, 2007  
Blogger Dagny said...

LOL. I know the song -- in rounds -- and I was a Campfire Girl.

Monday, October 29, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, okay, next time we three get together, we can sing it in rounds! :-)

Tuesday, October 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home