Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Bite Me!


A few days ago, I posted about a brunch casserole that My Beloved, our guests, and I all loved. I made it again when daughter Katie brought our adorable new, four-month old grandson, Miles, over for brunch the following weekend. Well, actually, Miles still gets all his sustenance in the form of milk, but the rest of us enjoyed the casserole. The second time I made it, I embellished by adding sliced green onion to the mix, a nice touch.

The first time I made it, My Beloved remarked that he wished it had some crunch to give it a more interesting texture. Since the bread in it gets soaked with egg, I could see his point. So, when I happened across this recipe for garlic bread bites with fresh herbs, I thought they would fill the bill for the mouthiness he was seeking. (Is "mouthiness" a word? I hope so).

I took this picture just before they went back into the oven to melt the flavored butter down into the already-toasted, one-inch cubes of bread; what came out of the oven was promptly devoured. 

Garlicky, herbal, crunchy, buttery - O.M.G. These were crazy-addictive and made the perfect  offering alongside the casserole. What I liked best about the idea (because they are a little fussy to make compared to plain old garlic bread) is that you can have one or two if you are feeling restrained, or several if you throw caution to the winds. Let me tell you, a fair amount of caution was thrown.

I will make these again often, and already I'm thinking they'd be great with the addition of a little Parmesan cheese. 

Okay, so, bite me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

you making me hungry! Trying to be good before my upcoming feast vacation.

Sunday, November 09, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, save the recipe (or really just the idea of bite-sized garlic bread) for when you return. It was really, really good!

Sunday, November 09, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home