Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dad's Favorite

Because Greg asked for it... more about Bouchon.

My Dad's favorite roast was leg of lamb, but he liked his well done, something that drove my Mom around the bend! She liked it pink.

She would have swooned over this meal. The lamb slices were no more than 2" across. The Swiss chard was tiny - couldn't have been more than 3" leaves, before wilting. Crisp garlic chips added a little texture. And the whole thing was soaking in a transparent sauce so deep with flavor that I was amazed that there was virtually no fat. How do they do that??

This is bistro fare, but elevated to an amazing level of finesse. Whenever I want a very special meal (at reasonable prices, considering the excellence), Bouchon will come to mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

That's what I'm talking about!! Keller is a rock star and this photo made my day. Thanks.

Thursday, February 23, 2012  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Really good looking. And a wonderful photo! (Good light in there?)

Friday, February 24, 2012  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, glad you enjoyed it!

Cookiecrumb, yes, we were seated right by a window and it was lunch rather than dinner, so the light is nice.

Friday, February 24, 2012  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Bouchon is hands down one of my favorite restaurants, even though I have only eaten there once. It was beyond memorable!

Sunday, February 26, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home