Friday, August 26, 2011

Burrito Brunch

I'm not much of a breakfast person. Shameful admission, I know. For one who loves food so much, why would I give up one entire meal a day?

It's not that I don't enjoy breakfast foods. I'm a big fan of waffles and pancakes. I enjoy eggs and bacon, granola, yogurt and, of course, all kinds of fruit. Breakfast foods are some of the best in the world, just not at breakfast time.

Even though I'm an early riser, and always have been, I don't have an early appetite. It takes a while for my stomach to wake up and food can even seem sickening to me if offered too early in the morning.

But, brunch? Now you're talking!

All those delicious choices, starting around 10am - oh, yeah, baby! The other (late) morning, for example, when My Beloved was out making money for us, I made myself a sort of mild breakfast burrito, wrapping gently scrambled eggs with small dice of Canadian bacon in a flour tortilla. Simple, easy. I could have added a dash of Cholula but, people, it was still morning. I was lucky to be facing breakfast, much less hot sauce.

Are you a breakfast lover? What do you like for the first meal of the day? And when?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Your eggs are beautifully scrambled. I've seen photos of such disasters -- why would they even put the pictures up?

Friday, August 26, 2011  
Blogger Greg said...

Nice stuff. I make a killer breakfast burrito with chorizo, eggs and taters.Is it possible to gain weight just looking at pictures?

Friday, August 26, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, sometimes, if one has a self-imposed deadline, one makes do. Still, it would be counter-productive, wouldn't it?

Greg, I'm almost certain it is, indeed, possible. Why else would I be this round?

Friday, August 26, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home