Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another Squashed Sandwich

I'm on a roll with these squashed sandwiches. This time, I was looking for something a bit more like the Pan Bagnat that Julia and Jacques made, but with some California twists.

I used Camembert cheese from Marin Cheese Factory because I had some, and slices of the first really ripe heirloom tomato that found its way to our farmer's market, plus locally and sustainably caught sardines (from a can), lovingly hand pitted (by me) Tuscan table olives from McEvoy Ranch, some marinated artichoke hearts, a flounce of soft lettuce and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette on the bread.

Press that puppy for half a day in the fridge under a heavy weight and you have a sandwich too filling even for My Beloved. We saved our second halves for the next day. Highly recommended.



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear about the McEvoy food photo contest?

Wednesday, July 06, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anonymous, no I hadn't heard. Wish I used their brand so I could be eligible. It will be fun to read about the entries.

Thursday, July 07, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home