Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another Squashed Sandwich

I'm on a roll with these squashed sandwiches. This time, I was looking for something a bit more like the Pan Bagnat that Julia and Jacques made, but with some California twists.

I used Camembert cheese from Marin Cheese Factory because I had some, and slices of the first really ripe heirloom tomato that found its way to our farmer's market, plus locally and sustainably caught sardines (from a can), lovingly hand pitted (by me) Tuscan table olives from McEvoy Ranch, some marinated artichoke hearts, a flounce of soft lettuce and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette on the bread.

Press that puppy for half a day in the fridge under a heavy weight and you have a sandwich too filling even for My Beloved. We saved our second halves for the next day. Highly recommended.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum!!
Did you hear about the McEvoy food photo contest?
http://mcevoyranch.com/_blog/Olive_It/post/Photo_Contest/

Wednesday, July 06, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anonymous, no I hadn't heard. Wish I used their brand so I could be eligible. It will be fun to read about the entries.

Thursday, July 07, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home