Friday, July 8, 2011

Adorable Dorie

Dorie Greenspan. I've never met the woman but she's my new best friend. She taught me, via Orangette, how to make shortcakes that are not only perfect with berries, they are the berries!

The part I can't figure out is how shortcakes made with so much rich butter and heavy cream end up being as light as a summer dress. They are so delicate that one must have care cutting them open to insert the berries and cream, or they crumble apart in the hand.

They are simple to make, easy to bake and utterly perfect with macerated strawberries or blackberries. I can only imagine that raspberries would be over the top in these and Molly's suggestion of peaches just about made me swoon. There's a bonus, too - they fill your house with a delicious light scent of baking that lasts all day.

So, Dorie, wherever you are, know that you are loved and admired and honored and shamelessly copied.


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger The Kid said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, July 08, 2011  
Blogger The Kid said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, July 08, 2011  
Blogger Toons said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, July 08, 2011  
Blogger Toons said...

Well those look good enough to eat! I stole the recipe, I just hope mine turn out as good as yours, Cheers.

Friday, July 08, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Ew, spam.
Hey! I heard this is a great recipe. So glad you tried it and loved the results. One of those would do me for dinner. :)

Friday, July 08, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

James, it seems only fair, since I stole it from Molly and she stole it from Dorie. Who knows where Dorie got it?

Cookiecrumb, one was too much for me so I know it would be 'way too much for you. The six of us at dinner all agreed that you could make twice the number from the same recipe and that would be more reasonable.

Friday, July 08, 2011  
Blogger Greg said...

Strawberry shortcake oh my!

Sunday, July 10, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home