Monday, July 19, 2010

Corn Dog

Is this where I admit that I made this discovery out of sheer laziness?

I didn't want to wash (or, more precisely, I didn't want My Beloved to have to wash) an extra pan, so I slipped my fresh corn into the same water in which our hot dogs had been boiling for about five minutes. Three minutes later, fished out both and bunned the dog, drained the corn.

It didn't make a huge difference but there was a pleasant little hint of hot dog salt and smoke in my corn. Subtle but fun. Not exactly a corn dog, more like dog corn. A summertime treat, in any case.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

This gives new meaning to the old saying, "Summertime and the living is easy."

Monday, July 19, 2010  
Blogger Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» has GOT to try this. He loves both hot dogs and corn on the cob!

Monday, July 19, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Where has Louis la Vache BEEN?
xo

Monday, July 19, 2010  
Blogger peter said...

I use hot dog water for all sorts of things. It's basically stock, after all. I even used it to make ketchup once.

Monday, July 19, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, I actually hummed that as I was doing it! No kidding!

Louis, welcome back and yes, do try it - you'll like it!

Cookiecrumb, he's a busy guy, trying to launch a new coffee business. He's out there, just not with lots of time for commenting on blogs.

Peter, you are a continual inspiration.

Monday, July 19, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

You are such a good wife! I'm very free and easy with the pots n pans because I don't do the washing up, I must be kinder to Mr Brown on this score.
I can't remember the last time I ate a hot dog :)

Monday, July 19, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, I try not to tax my dishwasher too much, for fear he'll throw up his hands and quit. :-) It's really a selfish act.

Monday, July 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home