Sunday, July 18, 2010

Morning Still Life

I don't often make such an elaborate breakfast as this but when you have fruit, juice, eggs and jam that look this pretty together, it's fun to assemble a serious breakfast.

I cut up some cantaloupe, white peaches and plums for a fresh fruit compote that was so sweet it made the orange juice taste tart. Poached a couple of eggs to top the English mushions (as my friend Wendy calls them) and toasted an additional muffin to top with the strawberry jam I made a few weeks ago.

No need for lunch this day - after consuming this still life, I retired from the kitchen until dinner time.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Now that's a breakfast! No tummy rumbles after that.

Sunday, July 18, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Whooee. What a majestic spread.


Oliver Crumb said: "Please, sir, I want some less."

Sunday, July 18, 2010  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

I love a breakfast like that - perfect... for dinner. If I ate it in the morning I'd be worthless all day. But for dinner, maybe with a glass or rose champagne? Hm? Good idea or what!

Monday, July 19, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, you're right - no one could be hungry after all that!

Cookiecrumb, it was a thing of beauty.

Katiez, I _was_ worthless all day. :-) Blissfully so.

Monday, July 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home