Thursday, October 15, 2009

Family Visits

This is my Aunt Virginia, my Dad's younger sister, she of the killer fruitcakes. She's a pistol. She was my matron of honor in our wedding. She recently turned 90, still drinks a martini every evening before dinner, volunteers several half days per week at her local library, and drives herself and her friends all over Robin Hood's barn. I've always said that I want to be Aunt Virginia when I grow up.

I'm leaving today to go visit her, my own sister, my older brother and his wife, my sister's son and his two daughters, and my brother's daughter and her husband and year-old son. Whew! I'll be gone about 10 days and when I return My Beloved's brother and his wife and, possibly, his son and main squeeze will be here for a visit.

So, while I'm visiting family, I don't think I'll be blogging much. You can check back from time to time if you want and I'll check on all of you as often as I can, but it's going to be a busy two weeks.

I'll give your regards to Aunt Virginia.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Kailyn said...

Send my regards to your Aunt. She sounds wonderful. And does this mean that you will be dining on things like chopped barbecue sandwiches and peanut soup?

Thursday, October 15, 2009  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Bon voyage!

Thursday, October 15, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Pip, pip, Auntie Vee!
Multiple piercings? I want to see the tats!

Have a great reunion, Z.

Thursday, October 15, 2009  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

Please give Aunt Virginia my regards. Anybody that loves fruitcake is okay in my book. That reminds me that is time to get out the recipe book and get those Holliday cakes started.

You already are like Aunt Virginia. You drive us around Zoomie Station and make us smile.

Thursday, October 15, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Do give your Aunt my best, she's an inspiration - she must have been a powerhouse when a wee girl.
Have fun.

Thursday, October 15, 2009  
Anonymous jananvan said...

Have a wonderful visit.

Saturday, October 17, 2009  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

Hope you are having a great visit!

Saturday, October 17, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Kailyn, so far, no chopped barbecue sandwiches or peanut soup but I did have some really good shrimp and grits.

Nancy, merci!

Cookiecrumb, no visible piercings or tats but she hasn't lost a step!

Chilebrown, aw, gee, thanks! Youse so sweet to me!

Morgan, she's a little more wee than the last time I saw her but she's still a powerhouse.

Jananvan, thanks - we did!

Anna, it was terrific! Even got in some lovely fall colors.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009  
Blogger Kailyn said...

Shrimp and grits? Low Country food!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009  
Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

Ms Cora adn I will look forward to many travel stories upon your return.

MB

Wednesday, October 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home