Friday, October 9, 2009

Bummer Chicken

Well, phooey! I'm still bummed about my broken glass plate and have been boycotting the kitchen since that disaster. I did venture out to the barbecue and grill this demure little butterflied chicken, but mostly I've just been pouting.

I cooked the chicken using indirect heat, heaping the coals to one side of the trusty Weber and placing the chicken on the other side until the last turn, when I wanted to crisp and brown it a bit. It was basted once or twice with some bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing to which I added a splash more vinegar and a big pinch of dried mixed herbs. The method worked well - the chicken was moist and flavorful - but it took quite a bit longer than the more direct heat. I'd recommend it if I was wasn't still pouting.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Now now now. Blame it all on the stars being out of wack or the Fung Shui of the kitchen being "off" or blame it on the boogie. Enjoy your chicken and the weekend.

Friday, October 09, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Nah.
Hate the plate. Move on.
I'm getting a "chip and dipper" at Target tomorrow, if they carry such a thing (damn you, Mad Men).
I wish for you to find a new heirloom plate to love.
(OH! Can you tell we've been scouring the Humane Society for a replacement? Not quite ready yet...)

Friday, October 09, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, Sadly, all I can blame it on is my own stupidity - but I'll move on now.

Cookiecrumb, I was in that store yesterday and they had some tempting items but not quite.

Saturday, October 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home