Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mushroom Bacon Burgers

My Beloved likes variety. If he could have a dinner with every bite different, I think he'd define that as heaven. At restaurants, I can count on him to order the mixed seafood item. At home, he contents himself with alternating bites of whatever we are having for dinner. Knowing this about him and knowing that all I had in the fridge for dinner was hamburger (again!), I decided to try adding a variety of flavors to the meat.

We had a few strips of bacon in the fridge so I quickly sauteed those and chopped them in small pieces, then cooked some finely chopped mushrooms in the same pan before mixing those ingredients into the hamburger, forming patties and returning them to the frying pan. The result was a nicely bacony, mushroomy, moist burger, just a little change from the ordinary.

He ate it all. He said thank you. He meant it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna Haight said...

ummm if I were eating meat, I'd be going to the kitchen and trying t his one. Looks really good.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anna, with grass-fed beef, it's especially good!

Friday, March 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home