Thursday, April 10, 2008

Monster Mash

I'm calling this ugly stuff "Monster Mash."

I had the idea to make mashed potatoes from spuds I had roasted alongside our turkey breast, which I smeared with a little bacon fat before baking. I also roasted some of those purple and white carrots and onion slivers; in a coup of genius, decided to mash them all up together.

It looks really gnarly with the purple carrots, dark red skin of the potatoes and nearly black edges of the thoroughly caramelized onions but the flavor was divine and we ate it all up!

Better than the turkey. Better than the accompanying greenie beanies. Almost better than sex.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

My mum always said it doesn't matter what it looks like it's what it tastes like, she's right Ias you know!)

Thursday, April 10, 2008  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Better than sex! Well, I wouldn't know about that (ahem). Re: the Spring Show will be on April 18, 19 and 20. Reception on Friday from 6 to 9 PM and then, we will be open from 11 to 5 on Saturday and Sunday. After the Spring Show (oh my god it's in two weeks panic panic panic), let's pick a day to see the show at the Asian. I have classes on Tuesday and Thursday but that sure leaves a lot of other days open. If you want to e-mail me directly, my private e-mail address is nej 1945 at rcn dot net.

namaste!

Thursday, April 10, 2008  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

I forgot the address: SOMA Arts, 689 Bryant St (Bryant at 5th), SF. Some parking in the area and available via MUNI 47.

Thursday, April 10, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

DMM, mothers know best!

NamasteNancy, thanks for the info - we certainly will wait until after the show - I know all about the pre-show panic, having worked at an art school in the past! :-) Best of luck and have a great show!

Thursday, April 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home