Friday, September 5, 2014

Almost There


Yesterday, we passed inspection from the company that comes to install the appliances. It's a different arm of the company from which we purchased the appliances, and coordinating with them has been a real challenge. The actual appliances won't arrive until next week. *sigh*

But we are almost there.

This is a photo of what we are calling the "transition" area, between the working kitchen and the dining area. Lots of storage, as you can see, and good lighting. (The extra piece of wood on the counter shouldn't be there - I just forgot to move it when I took the picture) All the doors and drawers are on "soft close" hinges, so they whisper shut, and the two appliance "garages" on either end of the counter have plugs inside them for coffee pot, toaster, etc. The left one is open. The very top cabinets have glass doors for display. I can't decide which things to display, or if I should put some art work in those. It's exciting to have the decision to make - or maybe I'll change them seasonally!  


This picture is of the other side, and with a long view into the kitchen. You can see the spaces where the stove and fridge will go, should the company ever deign to deliver them. The colors are off a bit in this photo, as the wood panel that separates the working kitchen from the "transition" area matches exactly the alder wood of the drawers in that storage cabinet.

The other thing that's hard to see is that the black quartz counter tops have flecks of the same golden tan as the wood and little bits of what looks like mica to me, so they sparkle gently.


And, lastly but importantly, this strip of tiger-colored accent stone separates the two areas and pulls together all the colors. Once we have the brushed steel appliances in place, it will all come together and even the gray wood floor will make sense. I can see it all in my mind's eye - if only I could see it in reality!

Patience has never been my strong suit.

But, God willing and the creek don't rise, by this time next week it will be finished and I can begin to move all my dishes and pots and pans into place and actually cook a meal in my splendid new kitchen.

It has been a long, long, slow process but, people, we are almost there!


5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

SOON very SOON!!

Friday, September 05, 2014  
Anonymous jann said...

And it is looking BEautiful.

Friday, September 05, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Whiting, God willing!

Jann, thank you. We are tickled pink with it!

Saturday, September 06, 2014  
Blogger Greg said...

Love it!!

Tuesday, September 09, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, me, too!

Tuesday, September 09, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home