Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cheese And Crackers

As we watched the rain advancing across the bay, looking like water-hugging white fog, My Beloved and I sat in front of the television (yes, I know it's considered shameful but we do actually watch TV) and had cheese and crackers. This is a bonanza weekend for a guy who loves all forms of auto racing, so he's glued to the tube and I come in and out of the room in response to exclamations to see what's going on.

NASCAR. Indianapolis 500. The Grand Prix de Monaco. All this weekend. All "musts" for the boy, who has been a race fan since before he got his driver's license.

So, I broke out snacks that are easy to eat while watching television, in this case two cheeses I bought locally on Fourth Street in Berkeley at that swishy cheese-and-other-pricey-comestibles shop. A pale, white young goat gouda, which was simply delicious - tangy and nutty. The salesperson informed me that it wasn't the goat that was young, it was the cheese.

And a Wagon Wheel "everyday" cheese from Cow Girl Creamery, which was buttery and mellow by comparison. Both went down very easily as we watched the cars go around as the rain outside arrived in a downpour.

6 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I love goat Gouda. What a great plate of eat.
Those knives! Tell me.

Sunday, May 29, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, my cousin Jan found those two knives for us at a shop in Petaluma where she lives. They have nifty little bees on the handle, so she bought them with you-know-who in mind.

Sunday, May 29, 2011  
Anonymous jann said...

Yes, found them at a great kitchen store on Kentucky St. I liked the knifes and then noticed the bees. Extra bonus for the cousins.

Sunday, May 29, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Hey, J-Yah! Hi. We haven't met. Yet.

Sunday, May 29, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Jann, we use them all the time and bless you every time we do!

Monday, May 30, 2011  
Anonymous jann said...

Hi cookiecrumb,
I hope we meet some time soon.
I am the Love to Look and Eat, but don't really Cook cousin. :)
Enjoy reading about it all as well.

Saturday, June 04, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home