Friday, March 11, 2011

Hugged The Box

Are you one of those people like me who hesitates to buy for themselves the very thing they want most? I know, it's a little crazy. I have wanted a hand blender ever since I used the one My Beloved's daughter, Sarah, has in her kitchen. I've seen them on the cooking shows and, although they seemed pretty sexy, I couldn't justify them to myself - after all, I have a perfectly good stand blender.

But, once you've used one, you're hooked. Not only does it do an efficient and speedy job of blending soups and drinks, etc., it also saves you from washing yet another pot.

My birthday was nearly a month ago but it took some time for us to hook up with daughter Katie, the bearer of my present from both girls. When she passed the brightly wrapped and ribboned box across the brunch table to me, I had no idea what to expect.

When I unwrapped it, I was so excited, I hugged the box. I know, it's a little crazy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chilebrown said...

Zoomie, You hugged the box? Please come over to the DOG tommorow.

Friday, March 11, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Great gift idea! I've heard some cooks say it's their single most favorite item.

Friday, March 11, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, we will try to make it. Thanks for the invite!

Cookiecrumb, yes, I was tickled pink.

Saturday, March 12, 2011  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Not in the least bit crazy, those things are fantastic. Soup will never be a messy chore again, just you wait :)

Saturday, March 12, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, I am reassured. If you think it's sane, I'm happy.

Sunday, March 13, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home