Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sardine Sandy

Just before I closed this sardine sandwich, I snapped its picture so you could see just what it was made of. Sourdough baguette, sliced in half and spread with what my friend Pat calls a scrape of mayo. A little lettuce, a slice or two of ripe tomato, a couple of quarters of marinated artichokes nestled between the sardine halves.

Slap it all together and you have a heck of a big bite and an even bigger taste. Next time, I'd just put olive oil, or the oil from the sardine can, on the bread to enhance the fish but it was fine the way it was, richly piscine and tasty.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I confess I love sardines. My friend in college liked to put a scrape of mustard on a saltine, add some sardine bits, and then drizzle it with vinegar! Whoo. Very good for those of us with a sour tooth.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, ah, those fond college memories! :-)

Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home