Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Loving Gesture

Is this a pretty picture? No. Does the food look appetizing. No. Did I love every bite? Oh, yes.

My Beloved made it for me. Every now and then, as much as I enjoy cooking, I just can't face another session in the kitchen. I was flaked out on the bed trying to summon the energy to get up and make some dinner when he appeared in the bedroom door with that hungry look on his face. Sadly, it wasn't hunger for my delicious self, but for the hamburger in the fridge. I groaned. He offered. Great marriages are made this way.

He cooked the hamburgers to perfection and had the idea to nestle them into gently toasted English muffins with a flourish of lettuce. He sautéed the Swiss chard in garlic and butter, hastily whacking off the tough stems as he plated the whole leaves. He set the table and poured the beverage before calling me to dinner. He even photographed the dinner so I could blog about his thoughtfulness.

I did the dishes with a smile on my face. I was revived by a tasty dinner and it was the least I could do after such a loving gesture.

4 Comments:

Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

:-*

Tuesday, December 22, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Yay, Buzz.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe if I took up blogging...Jack would be inspired to cook me dinner so that I could write about his thoughtfulness. In the mean time I'm living vicariously...nice work Buzz!!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Buzz, right back at ya, baby!

Cookiecrumb, and yay, Cranky, I'll bet.

Janie, remember, Jack _does_ make great mashed potatoes.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home